PP plastic air duct is a pipe used in ventilation systems, made of polypropylene (PP) plastic. It is widely used in ventilation and air handling systems in commercial buildings, industrial facilities and residences.
PP plastic duct has excellent corrosion resistance, thermal stability and mechanical strength, making it a reliable ventilation duct choice. It usually exists in a circular or rectangular cross-sectional shape, and different sizes and shapes can be selected according to actual needs.
PP plastic air ducts are usually manufactured by extrusion or injection molding. The extrusion process extrudes molten PP plastic through a mold into a pipe with the desired shape and size, while the injection molding process injects molten PP plastic into a mold to form a pipe.
PP plastic air duct has the following characteristics and advantages:
- Corrosion resistance: PP plastic air duct has good corrosion resistance to general chemicals and corrosive gases, and is suitable for corrosive environments.
- Lightweight: Compared with metal air ducts, PP plastic air ducts are lighter in weight and easy to install and carry.
- Thermal stability: PP plastic air duct can withstand high temperature within a certain range and has good thermal stability.
- High strength and rigidity: PP plastic air duct has high strength and rigidity, is not easy to deform, and has good structural stability.
- Smooth inner wall: The inner wall of PP plastic air duct is very smooth, which reduces airflow resistance and dust deposition, which is beneficial to improve ventilation effect and reduce energy consumption.
- Flame retardant: PP plastic air ducts can be made of flame retardant materials, which improves the safety of the system.
- Environmental protection and hygiene: PP plastic air duct is non-toxic and tasteless, meets environmental protection requirements, is easy to clean and maintain, and will not produce secondary pollution.
- Easy installation: PP plastic air duct can be connected by hot-melt welding or rubber sealing, and the installation process is simple and quick.
- Economical and practical: PP plastic air duct has a lower cost and is an economical and practical ventilation duct system.
It should be noted that the operating temperature range, pressure resistance and corrosion resistance of PP plastic air ducts will vary depending on
Here are some common PP duct fittings:
- Elbow: used to change the direction or angle of the air duct.
- Pipe joint: used to connect two air pipes, usually directly or through a gasket.
- Corrugated compensator: It is used to absorb the displacement and stress caused by the thermal expansion and contraction of the pipeline when the temperature changes.
- Tee: used to divide the air duct into two or more branches, there are equal diameter tee, Y-shaped tee and variable diameter tee.
- Reducing diameter: used to connect air pipe connection accessories of different diameters.
- Cap: A device used to close or cover the end of an air duct, often used in ventilation systems.
- Damper: Used to control the air flow in the air duct or to shut off the air flow.
- Pipe clamp: used to fix the air pipe to ensure its stability.
- Joint compensator: used to connect two pipes and absorb the displacement between them.
- Air conditioning device: including damper, regulator and temperature and humidity sensor, etc., used to control and adjust the temperature, humidity and flow in the air duct system.
- Filter: Used to filter particulate matter and pollutants from the air entering the duct system.
- Duct silencer: A device used to reduce duct noise in a ventilation system.
These are common accessories for PP air ducts, and you can choose suitable accessories for installation and use according to specific needs and system requirements.